I realized a couple weeks ago, I have had my bicycle for a few years now and have not done any maintenance on it… at all.
So I decided to take on the task of replacing my brake and shifter cable and housing. I changed it up and bought white cable housing instead of the old boring black I have before.
It turns out, its a bit harder than I thought. The kits come with EXACTLY enough cable housing… so don’t mis-measure. Well, I did. I cut the front brake housing too short. Nevertheless, I had to order another kit. Thankfully they are not real expensive.
Another interesting note. I thought a sharp pair of dikes would cut the housing easy enough. I was wrong. It did cut through it but its not pretty at all.
I will update as soon as I get farther along in the project… but so far off to a humbling start.